Do you accept drivers?
- Sorry, we don’t. We only show commute routes, we do not provide vehicles or rides, unlike ride-hailing apps.
How do I go to [insert place]?
- Type your origin and destination to get suggested routes. Tap a route card and follow the step-by-step directions. Ingat sa byahe!
- You can also go to https://sakay.ph and type in your route search!
Where can I see routes, schedules, and fares?
- You'll see those details when you search for commute directions— just tap a vehicle card.
- If you want to check without searching for directions, go to Route Explorer (tap the icon that looks like a map), or visit https://explore.sakay.ph.
- You'll find ****routes, schedules, and fares of City Buses, P2P Buses, Covid-19 Shuttles, and Jeepneys on Route Explorer.
How can I see bus live locations?
- You'll see their live locations on the map if your route matches with online vehicles.
- You can also check our live location tracker at https://tracker.sakay.ph.
Why can't I see jeepney and bus live locations?
- We only track buses along EDSA Carousel Busway. Drivers have to be online for you to see their live locations.
Why can’t I find the place I’m looking for?
- Sorry about that! Sometimes our search results don’t have certain location names-- we’re working on it. In the meantime, try searching by street address. That should work!
- If you'd like to have our map include a specific landmark or place, you can submit it via https://sakay.ph/submit-place/
Why are there no directions to/in [place outside Metro Manila]? :(
- Good news! We recently added early data for some regions, so you can get directions in Bacolod, Baguio, Batangas City, Cebu City, Davao, General Santos City, Iloilo, Laguna, and Legaspi City! This is still in the early stages— only jeepney, bus, and walk itineraries for now, so please report any inaccurate info.
- We will slowly open up more areas as we get new (good) data.
Why are no routes showing up?
- Right now, we only have routes inside Metro Manila and in a few regions. Regional routes are still super new, so our coverage is still not complete. We're working on it, don't worry!
- If both locations are within MM though, and still nothing is showing up, please check the departure time of your search. There are fewer routes available late at night and early morning.
- If still nothing shows, please feel free to leave us feedback via the app or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I submit alternate routes?
- You can submit feedback through the app, or e-mail us at email@example.com
Origin and destination are both within a coverage area, but I keep getting the "other" error in iOS
- Go to Settings > General > Language & Region
- Set it to "Philippines"
My approximate location is so far from my actual location.
- If you're on iOS 14.4 and above, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Sakay/or your browser > turn on “Precise Location”
Does this work offline?
- We don’t have a full offline mode. But if you’re using the app, it will save the most recent search you made. You can use this to pre-load your search and view the instructions offline.
Why no trikes?
- Trikes are in beta. Coverage is not yet complete, but please do turn on the beta in your settings and let us know what you think.
- Trikes are a bit tricky because the fare rules vary per area, and they’re registered in a local level. We’re slowly compiling data on this, and the beta has most of the tricycle areas in southern Metro Manila mapped.
Why does the app make me get on/off a vehicle a little bit away from where I am/where I want to be?
- Making an entire road pick-up or drop-off-able messes up routes and times, so we set pick-up and drop-off points along roads about 100m apart from each other. This is why sometimes it will tell you to get off/on a jeep a little bit away from where exactly you want.
- We also prioritized stops in sheds and other pedestrian dense areas, so that new commuters feel more secure.
- Also - we tried to remove all stops that actually outright have “no loading/unloading” signs or fences blocking the sidewalk from the street to promote safe and legal commutes.
Why don't you use bus/jeepney signboards? / You're using the wrong destination terms!
- Signboards were created as an informal practice to show route variations. This means that there is no central regulatory board, making collecting data unwieldy.
- We also only use the route names as buses and jeepneys should in theory be following their prescribed routes, instead of varying by the day or time.
- We understand that sometimes you can have three different route options for a single destination - which is why now you can view all the other routes you can take to get to it. To do this, check that leg of your route, and tap the card with the route name. A dropdown will appear with your alternative options.
My jeepney didn't go to <location> and turned around before getting there.
- Unfortunately, route cutting is a (not actually legal) reality that is out of our control.
- In this case, please search for a route starting from where you ended up getting dropped off.
- If you can, please leave us a report of what route it was and where you got dropped off.
My jeepney/tricycle charged me a different amount! Your fares are wrong.
- Sorry about that! While we do our best to keep as accurate as possible, jeepney/tricycle fares can sometimes be inconsistent. Please let us know the specifics of the error the feedback features on the app or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is your store?
- We don’t have one, sorry. We don’t sell anything-- but let us know if you’re interested in a t-shirt, maybe we can make one.
Why does Sakay have advertisements?
- Creating and maintaining an app requires time, money, and resources. To keep Sakay a free service, we use advertisements as a way to generate revenue. Ads on Sakay help us grow so we can always continue to improve our services.
- Don’t worry, we’ve made sure that our ads wouldn’t interfere with your app experience.
How else do you make money?
- We sell data, usually to transport departments and transport provider businesses - with this data, they optimize routes, improve public transportation, etc.
- Don't panic: we do collect information about your usage of the app, but this is done anonymously, in aggregate. (e.g. "3000 people pass by this area on Thursday evenings, on average.") We don't need to know who you are, and you are welcome to use our service without an account.
I have an app/website and I would love to integrate with you!
- We would love to work with you too! <3
- If you'd like to share/get directions using our app, you are welcome to use the URL schema (for Web and Native deeplinks) as found in this article:
- If you wanna do something else that's fancy, please reach out to us via email: email@example.com.