Several cities in Metro Manila have laid down contingency plans to minimize the impact of the week-long transport strike that started this Monday.
We have compiled a list of official advisories of various local government units (LGUs) and government offices, as well as Libreng Sakay (free ride) options that commuters can take advantage of during the said period:
Caloocan Libreng Sakay
From March 6 to 12, 2023, commuters in Caloocan City can avail of the ALAY SA MANANAKAY: LIBRENG SAKAY program, with the following routes:
- PH 10 Bagong Silang ↔️ SM Fairview via Zapote Maligaya
- PH 10 Bagong Silang ↔️ Almar-Novaliches Bayan
- PH 1 Bagong Silang ↔️ SM Fairview via Zapote Maligaya
- PH 1 Bagong Silang ↔️ Almar-Novaliches Bayan
- PH 5 Bagong Silang ↔️ SM Fairview via Zapote Maligaya
- PH 5 Bagong Silang ↔️ Almar-Novaliches Bayan
- Almar ↔️ Novaliches Bayan
- Almar ↔️ SM Fairview
- Malaria ↔️ SM Fairview-Novaliches
- Vicas ↔️ Novaliches Bayan
- MCU ↔️ Letre
- MCU ↔️ Valenzuela
- Monumento ↔️ SM North EDSA
- Monumento ↔️ Novaliches
- Old City Hall ↔️ A. Bonifacio via 10th Avenue
- Monumento ↔️ City Hall
Source: Caloocan Public Information Office
Las Piñas Libreng Sakay
The Las Piñas City Government has provided free rides from 5:00 AM until 9:00 PM for those that will be affected by the transport strike this March 6 to 12. 2023.
- Zapote ➡ Honda Daang Hari
- Zapote ➡ Kabihasnan Parañaque
- Marcos Alvarez Road
Source: Las Piñas City Government
Malabon Libreng Sakay
Malabon commuters can avail of free transportation services from March 6 to 10, 2023, between 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM on the following routes:
- Sangandaan ➡ Tatawid
- Malabon ➡ Bayan ➡ Monumento
- Malabon ➡ Acacia ➡ Monumento
- Gasak ➡ Letre
Commuters who may need assistance are encouraged to send a message to Let's Connect TXTMJS. Just type the keyword PSTMO or MDRRMO.
Example: TXTMJS PSTMO/MDRRMO (message) and send to 225687/ 09176898657.
Source: Malabon City Government
Manila Libreng Sakay
The Manila LGU said its Oplan Libreng Sakay will operate from 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM on the following routes:
- Vito Cruz Taft Avenue ↔️ Quezon Blvd
- Espana Blvd ↔️ Welcome Rotonda
- Abad Santos Avenue ↔️ R. Papa Rizal Avenue
- UN Taft Ave ↔️ R. Papa Rizal Avenue
- Recto Ave ↔️ SM Sta Mesa
- UN Taft Ave ↔️ P. Ocampo St
- Monumento Rizal Ave ↔️ Divisoria
- Buendia Taft Ave ↔️ Divisoria
- Buendia Taft Ave ↔️ Monumento Rizal Ave
- Buendia Taft Ave ↔️ Welcome Rotonda
In addition, e-trikes will be available for free transportation along secondary roads in the City.
Source: Manila Public Information Office
Muntinlupa Libreng Sakay
For those commuting in Muntinlupa, there are city buses, flexi vans, e-jeepneys, and other service vehicles available for free transportation.
The Libreng Sakay, according to the LGU, will take place from March 6 to 12 at 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM on the following routes:
- RMT ↔️ Alabang Viaduct (National Road)
- Alabang Viaduct ↔️ Sucat (East Service Road)
- South Station ↔️ Sucat (West Service Road)
- South Station ↔️ Buencamino (Alabang-Zapote Road)
- Biazon Road Southville III
- Sucat ↔️ Poblacion (Baybayin)
Source: City Government of Muntinlupa
Navotas Libreng Sakay
The Navotas LGU also announced several Libreng Sakay options for commuters from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- NavoTours Bus: C4 ↔️ Monumento
- Utility Truck 1: C4 ↔️ Divisoria
- Utility Truck 2: Dagat Dagatan/Agora ↔️ Pier
In addition, 18 barangays in Navotas will also have their service vehicles available for free transportation along designated routes within the city.
- C4 ↔️ Tangos
- SRV ↔️ C4
Source: Navotas Public City Information Office
Paranaque Libreng Sakay
In Parañaque City, the LGU deployed over 60 vehicles to provide free rides to commuters. These vehicles include buses, coasters, and other government vehicles.
- Sucat ↔️ Baclaran
- Sucat ↔️ Kabihasnan Baclaran via Quirino Ave.
- Sucat biyaheng East and West Service Rd
The Traffic Parking and Management Office of Paranaque did not state their service schedule. It is recommended to stay updated by checking their official social media pages.
Source: Traffic Parking and Management Office - Paranaque City
Pasay Libreng Sakay
Here are the Libreng Sakay routes from March 6 to 12, 2023 starting at 6:00 AM till 7:00 PM.
- Malibay ↔️ Libertad
- Cabrera ↔️ Libertad
- Malibay ↔️ SM MOA
- Kalayaan ↔️ MOA
Aside from Libreng Sakay, ten (10) back-to-back mobile vehicles from the Pasay City Police will be assisting stranded passengers.
Source: Pasay City Public Information Office
Pasig Libreng Sakay
Meanwhile, the Pasig City LGU announced that it will offer "Libreng Sakay" on five routes:
- Pasig Mega Market ↔️ Shaw Boulevard
- Pasig Mega Market ↔️ Ligaya via Dr. Sixto Antonio Ave.
- Pasig Mega Market ➡ Kalawaan ➡ San Joaquin ➡ Pasig Mega Market (Loop)
- Pasig Mega Market ↔️ Ligaya via C. Raymundo Ave.
- Pasig Mega Market ➡ Dr. Sixto Antonio Ave. ➡ Rosario ➡ C. Raymundo Ave. ➡ Pasig Mega Market (Loop)
The free transportation services are available from March 6 to 12, 2023 at the following times:
- 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Source: Pasig City Public Information Office
Quezon City Libreng Sakay
On the other hand, the Quezon City LGU stated that its Q City Buses offer free Wi-Fi onboard service on eight (8) routes.
- QC Hall ➡ Cubao
- QC Hall ➡ Litex / IBP Road
- Welcome Rotonda ➡ Aurora Katipunan
- QC Hall ➡ General Luis
- QC Hall ➡ Mindanao Ave. via Visayas Ave.
- QC Hall ➡ Gilmore
- QC Hall ➡ C5 / Ortigas Ave. Ext.
- QC Hall ➡ Muñoz
Source: Quezon City Government
San Juan Libreng Sakay
From March 6 to 10, 2023, all government service vehicles in the San Juan City local government, including those in the city's 21 barangays and public schools, will offer free rides to commuters.
- F. Blumentritt ➡️ N. Domingo ➡️ Pinaglabanan ➡️ Santolan ➡️ Ortigas ➡️ Wilson (Bus Loop)
- N. Domingo (Agora) ➡️ Ortigas (Connecticut)
- N. Domingo (Agora) ➡️ N. Domingo (Broadway)
- N. Domingo (Agora) ➡️ F. Blumentritt (Kalentong)
- F. Manalo (Kalentong) ➡️ P. Gueverra (cor. Wilson)
During the transport strike, San Juan City also permitted tricycles to operate on the main streets.
Source: San Juan City Government
Taguig Libreng Sakay
The City of Taguig’s Libreng Sakay will operate from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Commuters were advised to look for signages that reads "Libreng Sakay hatid ng City of Taguig" (Free Rides courtesy of the Taguig LGU) that bears the official logo of the city.
- Bagumbayan ↔️ Cayetano Blvd. corner General Luna
- Napindan/Tipas/Sta. Ana ↔️ Cayetano Blvd. corner General Luna
- Waterfun ↔️ Market-Market
- Waterfun ↔️ Gate-3
- DOST ↔️ Market-Market
- BCDA Petron ↔️ Market-Market
- Cayetano corner Gen. Luna ↔️ Petron BCDA
Source: I Love Taguig Facebook
Valenzuela Libreng Sakay
The Libreng Sakay routes for Valenzuela will run from 5:30 AM until 10:00 PM.
- MacArthur Highway, Malanday ↔️ Monumento Circle
- Malinta ↔️ Novaliches
- Polo Plaza ↔️ Malanday Market
- Polo Church ↔️ Monumento Circle
Source: Valenzuela City Government
Libreng Sakay Buses across Metro Manila via MMDA
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will also augment existing routes with additional buses to help commuters during the transport strike. The following routes will have additional buses:
- Baclaran ➡ Sucat
- Baclaran ➡ Dapitan
- SM Sangandaan ➡ Divisoria
- Buendia ➡ Guadalupe
- Zobel ➡ Roxas-Dulo (Sta. Ana)
- DOST Bicutan ➡ Sucat
- Alabang ➡ San Pedro
- Alabang ➡ Calamba
- Philcoa ➡ TM Kalaw
- BFCT ➡ Cubao
- Monumento ➡ Navotas
- Monumento ➡ Malanday
Pasig River Ferry Service
The MMDA has announced that the Pasig River Ferry Service (PFRS) will remain free and will continue to transport passengers to any of its 12 stations: Pinagbuhatan, San Joaquin, Maybunga, Kalawaan, Guadalupe, Valenzuela, Hulo, Lambingan, Sta. Ana, PUP, Lawton, Escolta, and Quinta.
Click the button below to know about the schedules, fare and other useful information.
Stay informed and take advantage of the free transportation services provided by various LGUs and government offices during the transport strike. Take note that not all cities are offering free rides. Remember to check the schedules and routes provided by each LGU and to plan your commute accordingly.